"Any strawberries that you are certain are not the brands Berry Licious and Berry Obsession, are safe", she said.
As a precaution, Queensland Health's chief health officer, Jeanette Young, advised people in the states of Queensland, Victoria, and NSW on September 12 to throw out their strawberries that were bought early last week, the Herald Sun reported.
Australian media reported a man in Queensland was hospitalized after swallowing part of a needle and developing abdominal pain.
Angela Stevenson, from Gladstone, told Seven News her nine-year-old accidentally bit into one of the contaminated strawberries after she packed them for his school lunch.
Queensland Acting Chief Superintendent Terry Lawrence says its a complex operation, because the industry provides more than 250,000 punnets of strawberries in Queensland alone in a five-day period.
Stores will be throwing out strawberries now in stock but fresh produce will be available tomorrow, Dr Young said.
The frantic mum called the school to ask them to throw the fruit away.
Chantal Faugeras posted to Facebook images of strawberries she said were bought from a Coles supermarket on the NSW mid-north coast on Tuesday.
Several brands of strawberries have been withdrawn.
Neither Queensland police or Queensland Health confirmed Ms Faugeras' claims in their press conference on Thursday afternoon.
Tesla stock falls as CEO appears to smoke marijuana on video
And the stock dropped more than 6 per cent Friday to close at $263.24 a share - its lowest point since April. Musk told Rogan that running Tesla is the hardest of his several endeavors.
He said police are "comfortable" that the issue with the "Berry Obsession" and "Berrylicious" brands had now been resolved, having been taken off the market.
"At this time, have reason to suspect that a disgruntled ex-employee may have orchestrated the occurrence, wherein sewing needles were found in a number of strawberries, in Queensland and Victoria", the statement read.
She referred to the problem as "an isolated incident" and "sabotage".
While the needles found in the initial attack had been inserted inside the fruit, the latest punnet had a metal rod placed inside the punnet, which had been purchased by a staff member on Thursday morning.
Victoria Police said what appeared to be sewing needles were located in two punnets in separate regional Victorian towns.
Queensland chief health officer Jeannette Young said given the additional cases she was now advising shoppers to cut up strawberries before consuming them.
"The idea of an ex-employee was put forward by the Strawberry Growers Association".
Woolworths said it takes food safety very seriously and is working closely with authorities as they investigate.
However, on Friday, NSW Police added that the contamination might have affected four more brands: Love Berry, Donnybrook Berries, Delightful Strawberries and Oasis.